Tag Archives: Library History

From the Library Archives: Central Library Dedication, October 17, 1964

This week we celebrate the 50th anniversary of the dedication of our Central Library building. On October 17, 1964, the newly built 5-story Library, the anchor of the Buffalo & Erie County System, was formally opened by civic leaders, authors, … Continue reading

Posted in Library History, Local History | Tagged

The Library Cat Saga

In 1935, a ¬†little black cat named Rosita found a home at the original Grosvenor Library, our predecessor and namesake.¬† We learned of this story while searching through the newspaper scrapbooks that were meticulously compiled by library staff over the … Continue reading

Posted in Library History, Local History | Tagged , , ,